Friday, January 08, 2010

Thanksgiving

This is just a quick 'thank you' for all your prayers for us. I have felt burdened about God's provision in our lives, Priceless Granite, teaching, how to deal with a second child, etc. Many things are up in the air still, but it seems like He is moving in amazing and surprising ways to provide beyond what we need.

One of the most "impossible" things (from my perspective) I am asking of God is the ability to be a stay-at-home Mom once Baby Bowers #2 enters the world. As I've told Andy, I'm not sure what form my 'Merchant Ships' of Proverbs 31 will take over the years - perhaps I will always teach in some capacity. But as I've seen God working, and realized all the things He has been doing all along, I am so humbled and thankful and astounded at His great care for me when my faith is so small.

As I struggled to keep my foggy, weak, sick head focused on the road Monday morning while driving in for my first 8am class since having Merian (a long story as to why I have said class), I realized - I need this reminder constantly - how utterly dependent I am. I could not have survived that day without your prayers and His grace. And every day is like that! It doesn't matter if I'm sick or completely healthy. Though seemingly self-sufficient most of the time, I am *always* that needy.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. Please keep praying. The journey is hard and always unknown, but not with His mighty strength. How gracious He is to us.

1 comment:

Chuck Weinberg said...

What a BIG and caring Father we have.

I completely understand where you are and find myself there all the time. I want to provide for all the staff at PG, knowing that there are so many lives that depend on how well we do, but at the same time, we can only do what we can do and He provides the increase, or decrease, for our good.

If business was really booming none of us would be realizing our dependence on Him as much as we are currently. I need that reminder all the time, "It's not you who is providing but Him".

He gives us the past graces in our lives to build our faith which in turn gives us hope that He will bring future grace.

He will give us what is best because He promised to do that and He doesn't break His promises and He has the power to keep them. We must all keep praying and relying on Him.