Thursday, April 08, 2010

Tyncy's Update


Today we had a 34-week growth ultrasound for Tyncy, and it was such a wonderful experience! Sweet Barbara watched Merian so my parents could come (they missed the 19-week ultrasound because of a screaming Merian). Here is the really good news:

1. Tyncy is weighing-in at about 5.5 lbs, give or take one pound. He or she is 33.4 weeks and measuring 34.1, so that's not bad! Totally normal!

2. Tyncy has HAIR! We could see it on the ultrasound!! I think it's even more than fuzz, but not quite Hannah Wentling status.

3. He or she looks just like Merian - chubby cheeks, chin, nose, and Andy's five-head.

4. One of the coolest things I've ever seen - we got to watch Tyncy 'practice' breathing. We could see the little lungs expanding and contracting. The baby doesn't breathe the amniotic fluid, but as a sign of well-developing lungs, starts to 'work-out' the lungs to get ready for breathing! That can only be a GOD THING. He just starts those little lungs a'working! So amazing!

And...the bad news:

Tyncy is "Frank Breech" (why do they call it Frank?). He or she is bum first, with toes and fingers wiggling in front of his/her face. We have about two weeks before we reach the "they typically don't change position from this point on" point. So, PLEASE PRAY that little Tyncy will decide to turn and be a good baby! I have plenty of amniotic fluid and room, so...there is a possibility.







3 comments:

Trisha said...

Yay! I love that baby so much! I'm so glad things are looking good... except for the breech part, we'll be praying about that! I can't wait to meet baby Bowers! God is good.

Chuck Weinberg said...

I think you should have AB "jostle" you around a bit and see if that makes the baby roll over. Although...

Fun times and Malia arrived this morning. Our church is growing from the bottom up:)

bean said...

Yay for babies! I love the cheeks! Google didn't seem to know why "frank" either. It is kind of weird. I'm so excited for you guys! I can't believe you could see hair!!!! It would be hilarious if Tyncy was born with more hair than Merian currently has.

And I'm doing very well restraining myself on the breech talk. Aren't you proud of me?