Saturday, September 23, 2006

England Pictures


This is the reading room in the center of the British Museum. It used to be surrounded by stacks of books on the outside, but they moved all that to the British Library, and now it's just an open courtyard - but you can still see the Reading Room, which is incredible! My dad actually had a desk next to Darwin's - though, of course, not when Darwin himself was sitting there. My Dad isn't that old, but it is his birthday on Sunday, so you should all tell him "Happy Birthday!"


This is one of the oldest grape plants in England, or maybe the world. All I know is it's really cool and I want one.


This is a fountain in the formal gardens of Hampton Palace.


This is Hampton Palace, Henry VIII's palace with a few of his different and assorted wives.

2 comments:

Tony Kevin said...

Awesome pictures. I especially like the one of the grape tunnel thing :D

NeverAlone said...

Wow, Leila!

I looked at these many pictures and realize just how foreign Europe is to me...never having been there...wow...words surely can never capture it. All the more, heaven! Wha-ha! No wonder that no eye has seen nor ear has heard nor mind has imagined what God has in store for those who love Him...I could imagine that being true just of good, old, human, earthly, imperfect but stunning, Europe.